Thursday, November 03, 2005


Read a local Rod&Line magazine and they talked about a hook setup called Hong Kong Hook. It's a hook which have a sinker attached to it.

I can't find it anywhere in the local store so the closes to it I manage to get is to use a size 4 hook with a small ball sinker as shown on the right.

Anyway, off I go to test the setup. Recently I got a medium light fishing rod with a 8 lb line. This is out of frustration of not landing any large fish. So hopefully with this setup and of course a 20 lb leader any fish between 500gram to 2 kg landed will hopefully be a lot more fun.

Previous fish I got was like using a 15 lb line and 25 lb leader and big reel and 9 foot rod which is kind of overkill for the fishes caught from the shore in Kota Kinabalu.

Anyway I went at about 3pm local time and fish until about 5pm with my brother Ben. There was already 2 people there fishing that place. From the look of it they don't seem to have any luck.

So after fishing like for an hour, I got a tap on the line and whoosh the fish run witht the bait. I pull back the rod to set the hook and let the fish run while making sure not to give the fish any slack line. Overall it was quite fun although being a small fish it is over in a very short time.

Shown on the left is the fish on a plate, not a big one but big enough for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home